Thursday 12 May 2011

Its cold outside but I'm warm inside

One really rainy day in Mombasa I was on my way to work.  I had no car those days, I was still in Government employ.  I walked out of the house when it was still dry, by the time I got to the bus stop, it was drizzling.  I thought of heading back home to look for something to shelter me from the rain, but by then it was really raining heavily.  I stood under a tree at the bus stop waiting for the rain to percolate through the leaves to start pounding me as well.  Then I thought to myself what a miserable day I would have if my clothes were damp, so I decided to pray.  I asked God to keep me dry.  He loves me and He wants the best for me.  I gave thanks for the rain and asked Him to not stop the rain, but since I needed to go to work and I needed to be dry, for Him to keep me dry, and I said Amen.

It was one of those few EUREKA moments when I have had total child-like faith.  I believed even in the torrential downpour, I would remain tinder dry.  The percolation through the trees sure occurred, but I had a circle of about 1.5metres in diametre around me completely dry!  Even the soil was totally dry.  I stood at the bus stop for about25 minutes before a nissan matatu (public minivan) finally arrived.  The driver stopped the vehicle and the conductor opened the door to let me in.  Not even the transfer into the matatu got a drop on me.  The conductor who let me in, in the short time he had his door open, got quite wet, yet I entered his matatu as dry as if they picked me up from my drive way.  He looked at me so strange, as did the passangers who I found in the matatu, since they were all wet and a bit frazzled, and I was not.

This was a miracle just for that day.  Just to remind me He does feel concern for my every detail.  In life, it may be stormy all around.  You may not have a reason to be hopeful.  A crash may seem inevitable, a soaking in the cards for sure.  However, it does not have to be.  Interrogate yourself, what do you hope for in life?  Are you getting it?  Can you do anything different? I recommend faith.  It is a crutch all of us could use.  Besides, it does not leave you with a hangover!

2 comments:

  1. Soo touching. Chilidlike faith is what we need. thanks for reminding me to Stay warm in him even when its cold outside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only way we survive the harsh winters that life can throw us. I have been rained on many times since, but I have never forgotten the one day HE put His hand over me and kept me dry.

    ReplyDelete