Monday 9 May 2011

Its been a while

I have left off blogging for a while, trying other pursuits, but I think I really love writing, bottom line.  I must give blogging a second chance, since I realise I spend too much on Facebook and now increasingly more time on twitter.

I have had two weeks or so to ponder and think about what life really is to me.  I must admit, there are still many gaping holes, but I so love the fact that I have God to lean on.  I think my Christianity is the ultimate crutch.  This life is way too hard.  I come to a place I feel I am where I want to be.  I have a job that satisfies me, making decent money, living in a nice enough house for what I need, in a good enough neighbourhood for my station in life.  I have material blessings.

Spiritually too, I feel I am making head way in my faith, I am learning more about God and His ways.  I am recapturing lost love and renewing old vows, while making new discoveries on how much impact I can have for God.  My husband and I seem to understand more on what God would have us do in His Kingdom, though some areas still need light to be shed.  The children are grasping the concept of a God we cannot see who is always present with us.

However, even with all these, I still find myself, wondering, will I ever achieve full understanding?  I am doing so much better than most, but still my brow is creased and my mind is racing searching for answers.  I guess as long as I am alive, I shall never fully understand.  The secret I think lies in reaching a point where you make up your mind, that even if you do not understand, you do not mind.  I don't have to know everything, I do not have to understand everything, I do not have to open any door or to make any allowances for anything that I cannot grasp.  Simply because, as the cliche' goes, what you don't know won't hurt you.  Quite literally, if God has kept it hidden from me, then I don't really need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment